The Battle is not far away! We are very excited to have you part of our 4th Annual Battle at The Rock hosted by Crossfit Castle Rock. We wanted to share a few logistics to prepare you for the event.
Athlete Event Check-In: This year we are doing an Athlete check-in on Friday night 6:30pm-8pm and then Saturday morning 7:00-8:00am. We will mark your athlete # on you and provide your t-shirt and athlete bag at this time.
You may sign up for the FLOATER WOD at this time. You must be checked in by 8:00am Saturday morning to compete!
Workouts: All events and standards will be posted on our website by 10pm Wednesday night. Go to www.thegymcr.com and click the link to Battle at The Rock. This year we have 4 events, 4 scores. Three events will have scheduled heat times and one will be a floater between 8:30am-1:30pm. You will need to sign up for a floater time during Athlete Event Check-In, which will be available Friday night as well.
8:00 AM – Athlete Briefing
8:15 AM – National Anthem
8:30 AM – First heat of women begin
5:30 PM – Final heat of men conclude
5:45-6pm - Awards
- Heat Schedule will be announced by 10pm Wednesday night. Check-in for your heat will be 10min prior to your heat start time! For the FINAL event, we will re-seed the Top 10 overall men and women only. The majority of people will remain in the same heat, or one heat sooner depending on the shift of the top 10.
- A map is posted on the website showing places to park. We encourage you to park in the Comfort Inn or Days Inn Suites parking lots. We will have a few volunteers out there to guide you, but we are prohibited from parking in the My Wedding lot (the building just south of our location).
- The entire East side of our building (along the highway) will be Athlete Tent City.
- Progressive Paleo, a local Paleo meal provider, will be cooking breakfast & lunch. We will have a few snacks and water around, but make sure to pack what you need for a long day! We will have drinks for sale in our office and there is plenty of food and stores within a 1 mile radius of our facility.
- We will have an indoor studio setup for athletes to warm-up.
- We have several companies volunteering their time to assist our athletes free of charge!
Denver Physical Therapy will provide PT, First Aid and Taping
EnVitality will provide Chiropractic Services and Taping
- We are pleased to have wonderful sponsors again this year as well as some new ones, enhancing our prize packages! Take a look at our website to see who is represented! Reminder that we have 2 divisions again this year! Overall winners as well as Masters (40+) winners. All master athletes are automatically entered into both categories so they have the opportunity to win prizes from both!
- Our amazing sponsors will have retail booths to purchase products. There will be apparel, Body Fat testing, nutritional supplements, equipment sales, and MORE!
Check out all the photos taken by our Platinum Sponsor MIKE CON PHOTOGRAPHY! All are uploaded as high resolution, please message my on facebook if you would like a copy of the original. Thanks to everyone who COMPETED, SPONSORED, VOLUNTEERED & CHEERED on the amazing athletes!!! htRead More
FIRST NAME LAST NAME Masters? Affiliate Name Athlete # Heat # Event 3 Chandra Pittman CROSSFIT CASTLE ROCK 2331 1 1:50PM Elisa Tia CROSSFIT DECIMATE 2170 1 1:50PM Jennifer Stack CROSSFIT UNBROKEN 2415 1 1:50PM Erika Steenburg CROSSFIT ACCLIMATE 2473 1 1:50PM Carissa Tripi CROSSFIT ACCRead More
This is a DEMO of the Floater WOD for the 2015 Battle at the Rock. NOTE: This is not to scale!!! Athletes will begin with both feet behind the starting line. At 3..2..1..GO!! The athlete will run down, around the wall and back to the start line to pick up the first bag. He or she willRead More
First Name Last Name Masters? Affiliate Name Heat # Event 1 Event 2 Rachael Peters CROSSFIT 719 1 8:30 AM 11:15 AM Chandra Pittman CROSSFIT CASTLE ROCK 1 8:30 AM 11:15 AM Elisa Tia CROSSFIT DECIMATE 1 8:30 AM 11:15 AM Jennifer Stack CROSSFIT UNBROKEN 1 8:30 AM 11:15 AM Erika SteenburgRead More
EVENT 1 4 Minutes to Establish Max Barbell Complex Weight – Snatch + Hang Snatch 2 Minutes Max Rep Lateral Burpee Bar Jump Overs Score = Max Established Complex Weight + Number of Burpee Bar Jump Overs Description: In this workout, there will be a running clock and athletes will startRead More